- Appointment as a Ph.D. student or post-doctoral fellow / trainee at an area institution
- Commitment to participate in the full program, including in person meetings at MIT, Cambridge, MA
- Ongoing research project and multiple year research experience
- US citizen or permanent resident (for NIH slots), and/or MIT affiliation (for MIT slots)
The application page can be found at http://bit.ly/impact18b
As part of the application, you will be required to submit:
- Demographic information
- Eligibility checklist
- A short description (250 words max) of your career interests
- A short description (250 words max) of what your goals are in participating in the program
- A description (500 words max) of the research that you would focus on as part of the program
- Statement that, if you are admitted and accept a position in the program, you agree to participate fully, including attending the mentoring sessions at MIT.
- Statement that if you are admitted and accept a position in the program, your supervisor will be notified of your participation and will need to acknowledge as such.
Applications will be reviewed by IMPACT faculty; the top candidates will be interviewed for selection to the program.
The program is committed to actively engaging women and under-represented minorities.